Thursday, March 24

Bye Delilah


I just found out that my kitty back home had to be put down today. I got Delilah on December 18th, 1998 for a Christmas present from my sister. She has been living with mom since I left for college, and she has loved her city life with her, but whenever I visit, she would still snuggle with me upstairs and talk with me in the living room.

She recently wasn't eating well, and after a trip to the vet, they found abscessed teeth in the back of her mouth. While those would usually be able to be removed, the vet also found her kidneys had started to shut down and they didn't think she would survive the mouth surgery. So they brought her home for one more day, and now they will be putting her down so she isn't in pain.

Farewell Delilah. You were such a spunky cat!

1 comment:

  1. I had forgotten that day wehn we got her until you mentioned it. 1998 seems like a lifetime ago, and I guess for Delilah it is. I'll miss that mouser turned prissy city kitty too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...