Saturday, August 14

Alaska Day!

Four hours of sleep, checking bags and going through security twice, 10 hours of travel, and then I'll be in Juneau.

Can I just take a second to say, in this day, all major airports should offer free wi-fi. Thanks Seattle for being on it!

I found out yesterday that my friend in Juneau who was going to meet me at the airport didn't realize that today was the day I was coming in, and is out on a chartered fishing boat, hopefully snagging a whopper of a halibut. So, when I get in in a few hours, I'll get to walk about the city until she gets back. She needs a break from work, so I'm not freaking out about the snag. All this means is our major catch-up gush will have to wait until 1) she is on land and 2) she's had a shower :)

More later for sure! Yay! Alaska!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about the wi-fi! Portland, OR, has it, Seattle has it, but Chicago? Nope. Istanbul? Nope.

    I think this is just another thing to add to the list of "why the west coast rocks".

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...