Sunday, April 25

More Stieg Larsson is a good thing.



A present came for me in the mail last Tuesday that made my whole week. The third book by Steig Larsson arrived from Linda. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest hasn't been released in the US yet, but Linda happens to have a friend across the pond that was happy to loan out her copy! This book/series is quite a read. The lead female character is unlike any I've read before. Lisbeth Salander is a wisp of a person (physically) but has skills and a stoicism that is both scary and inspiring. I won't go into plot lines, but if you are interested in some great crime novels, the first two are The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, and The Girl Who Played With Fire.


(found here)


And so now, happy Sunday.

I started my day with the kitties getting into trouble. Knocking things off the counter on their wild laps around the house, all before the sun was up. Luckily there was just enough coffee left to make a pot for today. Whew!

We've had glorious thunder storms all weekend here in C-dale. Wind and downpours without any sprinkle of warning. Dan got soaked coming back in from changing the laundry, and it was only a few minutes and maybe 15 yards away!

I'm sewing bags and pockets, and altering dresses and skirts I picked up at Good Will. The more I get to using my sewing machine, the more I want to try. It's a rewarding/ongoing cycle.

Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...