Monday, June 28

My first kiss clasp bag


A few days ago my package arrived with my frames and glue and slider parts below. I love seeing the frames so naked, just waiting to be a part of something fun and useful!

My fingers look like they have a molting problem now, but it was worth it to have my first kiss clasp bag completed. The glue that is used for these non-sewing clasps is a form of fabric contact cement, and having not perfected the art of stuffing the edge into the frame (yet), I have a date with a scrub brush and warm water later. (I used a good amount of goo gone on the frame, and will save the rest of it for the three other frames I have yet to fabric-up.) But here it is!

(You can see above, Baxter is not impressed, but he doesn't have thumbs, so I'm not taking offense.)



It is pretty slouchy, and I think next time I'll reinforce the sides with interfacing. I also need to learn how to insert a small interior zipper pocket.
A few days ago my package arrived with my frames and glue and slider parts below. I love seeing the frames so naked, just waiting to be a part of something fun and useful!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...